We are looking for a professional Chef to be the second in command in the kitchen, following the Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing customers’ satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation and design of the menus.
- Produce high quality gourmets in design and taste.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets the quality standards.
- Replaces the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- 5 years of experience as a Chef.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of managing kitchen and related staff.
- Stress-resistant and pragmatic in dealing with emergency situations by offering quick solutions.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- A recognised (international) school education in this area or a proven practical experience of at least 7 years is recommended.